Shell Tellus S4 ME hydraulic fluids are formulated to allow an improvement in the energy efficiency of hydraulic systems without compromising the protection of the system or the maintenance procedures of the machinery and its operation. Shell Tellus S4 ME has been shown to increase energy efficiency in applications such as plastic injection molding and metal molding. In addition, Shell Tellus S4 ME employs an advanced ash-free additive system designed to extend component life and reduce maintenance costs through exceptional wear protection and long service life of the oil.
• Industrial hydraulic systems Particularly suitable for those systems with high intensity of use of hydraulic power such as injection molding and metal pressing at high pressures and where resistance to high temperature or long life of the fluid is required.
• Shell Tellus S4 ME mobile hydraulic systems are also suitable for use in particular mobile hydraulic power transmission systems and in marine applications: they ensure good fluidity at low temperatures compared to conventional ISO HM type fluids.
• Environmental Impact Shell Tellus S4 ME employs an advanced system of anti-wear additives without zinc (ash-free) and low sulfur base oils that help reduce environmental impact in the event of accidental leakage or spillage compared to hydraulic fluids conventional. To further reduce the environmental impact we suggest the use of Shell Naturelle, a range of environmentally friendly lubricants.
Specifications and Approvals
Shell Tellus S4 ME fluids have the following approvals:
- Denison Hydraulics (HF-0, HF-1, HF-2)
- Cincinnati Machine P-68 (ISO 32), P-70 (ISO 46), P-69
- (ISO 68)
- Eaton Vickers M-2950 S
- Eaton Vickers I-286 S
- Arburg (Injection molding applications)
Shell Tellus S4 ME fluids meet and exceed the requirements of:
- ASTM D6158 (HM fluids)
- ISO 11158 (HM fluids)
- DIN 51524 Paret 2 type HLP type
- Swedish Standard SS 15 54 34 AM
- AFNOR NF-E 48-60
- Krauss Maffei
Attached Technical Sheet