Shell Tellus S3 M 46 20 liter bucket
Premium zinc-free industrial hydraulic oil
• Denison Hydraulics (HF-0, HF-1 and HF-2)
• Eaton Vickers (Brochure 694)
• Fives Cincinnati P-70 (ISO 46)
• ISO 11158 (HM fluids)
• DIN 51524-2 (HLP oil)
• ASTM 6158 (mineral oil HM)
• SS 15 54 34 M
Shell Tellus S3 M fluids offer an improved ability to lengthen fluid maintenance intervals and thus reduce machinery downtime: - an extended life according to ASTM D 943 TOST, with an oxidative stability that is up to three times more long than the minimum industrial - excellent resistance to degradation in the presence of water and heat. These features make it possible to extend maintenance without compromising protection and performance even in severe conditions or extended temperature ranges.
- Exceptional wear protection Advanced wear-free ash-free (zinc-free) additives provide protection in a wide range of conditions, including low or severe loads and highly stressed operations. This protection is demonstrated in very severe industrial tests with hydraulic pumps such as the Denison T6C tests (dry and wet versions), Denison P46 and Eaton Vickers 35VQ25.
- Maintaining system efficiency Superior cleaning and filterability, combined with excellent water separation, air release and anti-foam qualities, help maintain and improve the efficiency of the hydraulic system. The filterability of Shell Tellus S3 M is maintained even with the fluid contaminated with water. Shell Tellus S3 M fluids have an ISO 4406 cleanliness level of 21/19/16 or better at the exit of the Shell fill lines. As recognized by the DIN 51524 specification, the oil is subjected to numerous variables during transport and storage that could affect the level of cleanliness.
• Manufacturing and industrial hydraulic systems Shell Tellus S3 M fluids can be used in a wide range of hydraulic power applications in manufacturing and industrial environments.
• Hydraulic service in severe conditions The long life characteristics of Shell Tellus S3 M fluids can make them particularly suitable for severe uses (eg loads, temperatures) or where long fluid life is required (eg distant or inaccessible positions).
• Marine or mobile hydraulic systems Shell Tellus S3 M fluids are suitable for mobile and marine applications where ISO HM type hydraulic fluids are required.
• Environmental impact Shell Tellus S3 M has a reduced environmental impact in the event of accidental spills or spills compared to conventional hydraulic fluids with zinc. This depends on the use of an anti-wear technology without ash and low sulfur base oils. To further reduce the environmental impact, we recommend the use of the Shell Naturelle range of environmentally friendly lubricants.
Shell Tellus S3 M fluids have the following Denison Hydraulics approvals (HF-0, HF-1 and HF-2) Eaton Vickers (Brochure 694) Cincinnati Machine (P-68, P-70 and P-69). Shell Tellus S3 M fluids meet or exceed the requirements of the following standards:
- ISO 11158 (HM fluids)
- DIN 51524-2 (HLP oils)
- ASTM 6158 (HM mineral oils)
SS 15 54 34 For a complete list of the approvals and recommendations consult the Vs. Local Shell Technical Help desk.
Attached Technical Sheet