Shell Tellus S3 V hydraulic fluids are high-performance lubricants employing an exclusive ash-free technology, combined with highly stable shear viscosity modifiers. This guarantees excellent viscosity control and protection under mechanical, thermal, chemical and severe stress in a wide temperature range. They guarantee exceptional protection and performance in the majority of mobile machinery and other applications subject to a wide range of ambient and operating temperatures.
• Mobile / outdoor hydraulic applications Hydraulic systems and fluid power transmissions in environments exposed to wide temperature variations. The very high viscosity index of Shell Tellus S3 V helps to ensure prompt response from cold start to operation under strict full load conditions
• Precision hydraulic systems Precision hydraulic systems require good control of fluid viscosity throughout the operating cycle and excellent filterability even in the presence of contaminants. Shell Tellus S3 V guarantees this performance and also an excellent level of temperature-viscosity stability compared to many ISO HV fluids.
• Environmental impact Shell Tellus S3 V has a reduced environmental impact in the event of accidental spillage or spillage compared to conventional hydraulic fluids with zinc. This depends on the use of an anti-wear technology without ash and low sulfur base oils. Shell Tellus S3 V is classified as 'non-harmful' to fresh or salt water invertebrates (OECD 202, US EPA OPPTS 850.1035). To further reduce the environmental impact, we recommend the use of the Shell Naturelle range of environmentally friendly lubricants. For even more stressed conditions of use, longer fluid life and further increase in efficiency, Shell Tellus S4 ME offer the highest levels of performance and system efficiency of our company. range.
Specifications and Approvals
Shell Tellus S3 V fluids have the following approvals:
- Denison Hydraulics (HF-0, HF-1 and HF-2)
- Eaton Vickers (Brochure 694)
- Cincinnati Machine (P-68, P-70 and P-69).
Shell Tellus S3 V fluids appear in the list of:
- Bosch Rexroth (mineral oils for axial piston pumps RE 90220-01 / 09.09).
Shell Tellus S3 V fluids meet or exceed the requirements of the following standards :
- ISO 11158 (HV fluids)
- DIN 51524-3 (HVLP oils)
- ASTM 6158 (HV mineral oils)
- SS 15 54 34 AV (ISO VG 46 and 68)
- SS 15 54 34 AM (ISO VG 32).
TECHNICAL CARD ATTACHED